Brunei Darussalam - Cambodia - Laos - Malaysia - Myanmar -Philippines - Singapore - Thailand - Vietnam
Where is Pelan Pelan Bali? What should I bring to Bali? Do I need a travel insurance? What are the COVID-restrictions and policies at the moment. All your Frequently Asked Questions are answered below!
Travel regulations to Enter Bali
For the latest COVID regulations we recommend to have a look at this website before you fly.
- Peduli Lindungi App
- Unfortunately you need a vaccination proof from 18 + years: Either 2 Doses or 3 Doses ( Booster) are accepted.
- Completed e-CD (Customs App)
- Immigration documents ( Passport, Visa, Stay Permit)
- Nationality Passport which is valid and still valid for at least 6 months.
- A return ticket or a one-way ticket to continue the journey to another country. for VOA & eVISA holders
- Other required documents in accordance with the provisions of the Head of the Covid-19 Task Force Handling,
- Print your booking with us or another place you will stay at before visiting us.We have the possibility to book VIP airport service for 25 EUR, you will send all documents to here and she will organise everything for you. (no waiting at the airport)
Please have a look at the visa regulations for your country.
Due to COVID regulations we recommend to have a look at this website before you fly.
- VEA -Visa Exemption Arrangement is free and only available to 9 countries for 30 days only and cannot be extended.
- VOA-Visa on Arrival costs IDR 500.000 per person (applies to adults and children) and the payment is on arrival. VOA is for a single Entry into Bali/Indonesia, for a stay up to 30 days and can be extended for a maximum 1 time at the local Immigration Office (charges apply)
For the following countries: Argentina - Australia - Belgium - Brazil - Brunei - Cambodia - Canada - China - Denmark - East Timor - Finland - France - Germany -Hungary - India - Italy - Japan - Laos - Malaysia - Mexico - Myanmar - Netherlands - New Zealand - Norway - Philippines - Poland - Qatar - Saudi Arabia - Seychelles - Singapore - South Africa - South Korea - Spain - Sweden - Switzerland - Taiwan - Thailand - Tunisia - Turkey - UEA - United Kingdom - USA - Vietnam
Make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months!
WHERE IS PELAN PELAN?
Rice fields surround Pelan Pelan retreat - just 10 minutes from bustling Canggu, 30 minutes from Seminyak and 1 hour from Ubud.
WHERE IS THE NEAREST AIRPORT?
Bali's international airport is in Denpasar, just 1-hour drive from Pelan Pelan Surf & Yoga retreat.
HOW DO I GET FROM THE AIRPORT TO PELAN PELAN SURF & YOGA RETREAT?
You will be picked up at the airport in Denpasar. We will wait with a sign for you so you won't miss us! If you are already in Bali or want to visit us you can use Google Maps to find us.
SHOULD I BRING A BOARD AND WETSUIT?
You can bring your surfboard, but if you booked surf lessons with us, we will provide you with a surfboard that is fit to your surf level. The water tends to be colder from June to October - you may want to take a wetsuit with you if you're visiting during those months. Otherwise you just need a bikini or board shorts. However, a rash guard/lycra or t-shirt is highly advisable to avoid sunburn. We sell them as well at the retreat. If you burn easily, we'd advice a long sleeved rash guard and, of course, bring a good water-resistant sunscreen.
IS THERE WIFI AT THE RETREAT?
Yes! We have different wifi spots for the common area as well as every room.
CAN I COME DURING RAIN SEASON TO BALI?
The weather in Bali is tropical all year round. Meaning that you spend most of your days in shirt and shorts. Rain season is from October to April but no need to worry - it’s still sunny and warm with some rain and/or thunderstorm mostly in the evening and during the night. You can come to Bali at any time of the year!
CAN I COME BY MYSELF?
A lot of our retreat guests are solo travellers. The relaxed and open vibe at the retreat makes it perfect for those who are traveling by themselves. The shared areas such as the living room, lounge and pool are a perfect place to get to know the other guests.
So don’t be afraid to come on your own!
WHAT IS THE BOOKING TERM AT PELAN PELAN LIKE?
- Exceptions to our policy will not be made for any reason.
- We do not offer discounts, refunds or credit for arriving late or leaving early and any offered activities missed at the retreat.
- Pelan Pelan Bali offers no refunds for any reason, including weather, injury, or personal emergencies.
- We are committed to providing a high-quality holiday, as we have very limited spaces, we always try to maintain a standard of never cancelling a retreat with guests booked on it; therefore we expect to receive only firm bookings from guests. However, if a guest must cancel their reservation, our policy is as follows:
- If you cancel before 90 prior to the first day of the retreat you are registered for 100% of your package payment to be transferred to another retreat date within a one year period of your original booking date.
- If you cancel between 30- 90 days prior to the first day of the retreat you are registered for 25% of your payment is forfeited and 75% of your balance is credited to any other date within one year of your original booking.
- If you cancel within 30 days of the first day of your retreat 50% of your payment balance will be credited to any other available date within one year of your original booking, 50% of your payment is forfeited.
- If a guest cancels within 14 days of their retreat start date, their payment is forfeited in full.
- All cancellations must be received in writing sent via email or registered mail. Pelan Pelan Bali is not responsible for expenses incurred in preparation for any cancelled trips, such as airline tickets, or for costs incurred due to travel delays, flight cancellation or illness.
- We require all participants to obtain travel insurance with a trip cancellation policy which covers the individual. Please check with your travel insurance company for more detailed information.
- A retreat reservation is fully transferable to another person over the age of 18, for the same date and package.
- During your stay, you might be photographed/filmed around the common areas at the retreat (with every respect for your privacy!). When booking you agree to the terms and allow us to use images with you on it for Pelan Pelan marketing purposes (No worries, we won’t use any unflattering footage. If you however really want to stay incognito, let us know!)
- Pelan Pelan Retreat can organise a car or motorbike for rent, but keep in mind that the company only organises it but does not let it directly to you. Therefore, the company cannot be held responsible for any accident or injury, which results from the poor quality of the vehicle.
WHAT IS BALI LIKE?
Bali is an island of Indonesia. It's mostly hindu and becoming more and more popular. The beautiful rice fields, mountains and beaches make it a heaven for people loving nature. Besides nature it's also a hotspot for artists, hippies, surfers, hipsters, celebrities and the rich. Each village and area attracts it's own people making it possible to see Bali from a lot of different angles. The area around the retreat (Canggu) is known for it's excellent surf, beautiful nature and peacefulness. It is a nice getaway from the crowded areas in Kuta, which are more hectic and include a lot of tourism and partying. It's the friendliness of the locals that make a lot of people want to come to Bali each year. We find it important to involve the local traditions and lifestyle in our retreat. Doing so creates an environment in which you can learn from them and they can learn from you resulting in a lovely experience for everyone.
IS IT DANGEROUS TO TRAVEL TO BALI?
It’s not dangerous! However you have to pay attention, look out for your personal belongings like everywhere else. A lot of tourists are sitting on the back of a scooter, holding there smartphone up to navigate the route with google maps. If you do that please be careful and holt your phone close to your body so that no one can grab it during your ride. This is a common mistake tourists are making. Balinese people are really friendly and nice! Just use your common sense and trust your intuition.
DO I NEED A TRAVEL INSURANCE?
We’re suggesting a travel insurance. It will cover medical and cancellation costs caused by things out of your control. At the moment it's required to have a health insurance that covers COVID.
Even though you find a lot of western influence in Bali, Indonesia is not a western country- that’s what makes it so charming to us!
People drive on the left side of the road in Bali (you will pick this up very fast).
The local currency is called the Rupiah (IDR). 100.000 rupiah are worth around 7€. The Balinese mentality is very nice. People always smile and are very friendly. If things take a bit longer then expected, please relax, Balinese will always try their best to help you as good as possible. Part of the culture is to bargain about a lot things. Don't feel you are being ripped off, it's just their way of doing business. We'll help you to get good at it and to pay the right price.
- passport (valid at least for 6 months)
- shorts and bikinis
- some cash
- mosquito repellent
- credit card or bank card
- a good book
- your good mood 🙂
You can arrive any time after 9 AM at the Retreat on your check in date, however your room will be ready at 2 PM
Check out time from your room is 2 PM, but also that day you can stay longer at the Retreat. You can still enjoy your activities and we have a common bathroom where you can take a shower.
Your first surf lesson will take place the day after you arrival if you book the Get It All Package (monday - Friday) and with the Surf package you always will have your first surf lesson the day after you checked in.
So for example, you booked the Get it all package and arrive on Friday evening: you will surf from monday till Friday. If you arrive on Monday: you surf from Tuesday till Monday.
The biggest adventure you can take
is to live the life of your dreams
At Pelan Pelan, we offer surf and yoga classes suitable for individuals of all levels.
Get the best of both worlds and combine surf and yoga with the GET IT ALL PACKAGE.
If you're stoked on surfing as much as possible, go for the SURF PACKAGE.
If you're more into yoga, cooking and pampering, choose the YOGA RELAX PACKAGE.