CANGGU SURF CAMP
There is no better place to learn surfing or work on your technique than at our Canggu Surf Camp. Year-round waves and perfect weather make Bali ideal for beginner through to advanced guests. No need for a wetsuit, just put on some sunscreen, a bikini or board shorts and you're ready to get wet!
Our surf and yoga retreat is based just outside Canggu. Many of the best breaks in Bali are close by. Our local teachers will take you to different spots depending on your level and ability. You can look up our local conditions and forecast at Canggu Surf Report and Forecast.
Every day we pick a spot based on the level of our students and the wave conditions. Bali has plenty of spots to offer and we know where to find waves that suit you!
WHAT LEVEL AM I?
You are a beginner if:
- It’s your first time surfing.
- You have tried surfing before but still struggle with paddling and standing up on the board.
You are beginner-intermediate if:
- You have tried surfing several times.
- You can stand up with minimal help and ride straight on the white water waves.
- You can turn left or right on the waves.
You are intermediate if:
- You have been surfing for weeks, months or years.
- You can independently surf green waves and turn left or right on the waves.
- You would like to get more control of your surfboard and do basic turns.
- You have control of your board and can turn to change directions; you want to practice bottom, top turns and cutbacks.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN AT PELAN PELAN'S SURF RETREAT
The beginner coaching at Pelan Pelan Bali begins with covering the basics on the beach – including how to handle the board, paddle out, catch waves and stand up.
Our highly experienced and friendly instructors will ensure you are fully prepared before hitting the water and will guide you every step of the way. They will happily answer your questions and assist you if you have any concerns, and make your Canggu Surf Camp experience memorable!
LEVEL 1 :
COACHING FOR BEGINNERS
Beginner coaching begins on the beach, with explanation on how to handle the board, paddle out, catch waves and stand up.
WHAT YOU LEARN WITH LEVEL 1 COACHING:
- Practice your pop up on the beach.
- Safety and rules in the water.
- Paddling technique.
- How to paddle through the white water.
- How to stand up on your surfboard and the correct body position to maintain balance.
- How to catch waves.
- How to ride waves.
WATCH OUR VIDEO ON BEGINNER SURFING
Learn to surf with Pelan Pelan Bali!
LEVEL 2 :
BEGINNER - INTERMEDIATE SURF COACHING
Even if you have taken surf lessons before, you may have a lot more to learn. Understanding the basics of surfing and the ocean will help you tons to improve your surfing. Our surf guides will get the time to observe your surfing and see what you need to improve. You will have more fun in the water.
WHAT YOU CAN LEARN WITH LEVEL 2 COACHING:
- How to read the waves
- Improve your paddling technique
- Improve your body position and balance
- Improve your stand up on the surfboard
- Surf priority rules
- Transition from big to a smaller surfboard
- How to catch green waves
- How to turn
WATCH OUR VIDEO ON THE BASICS OF SURFING
Refresh your surf knowledge and skills with Pelan Pelan!
LEVEL 3 :
INTERMEDIATE SURF COACHING
The better you surf, the more fun you will have in the water. With intermediate surf coaching you will get tips to improve your surf technique and quality of the waves choose to ride.
WHAT YOU CAN LEARN WITH LEVEL 3 COACHING:
- Choose the right wave
- Try different surfboard shapes
- Duck dive
- Improve your bottom and top turns
- Practice cutbacks
- Improve your position on the surfboard.
- How to get more speed
Ride your first wave!
Master the basics before getting in action.
Fun in the sun catching kiddie waves!
With our Surf package or Surf and Yoga package you'll learn how to surf like a pro in no time! (Maximum two guests per instructor)
Professional Surf School in Canggu Bali
To get the best experience, we tailor all lessons to fit your personal ability. At our Canggu surf camp, we make sure that all our guests receive personalized attention, catering to each individual's requirements. Pelan Pelan's coaches have years of teaching experience and possess the essential local surf knowledge to provide the best possible courses in Bali.
Our instructors grew up around Canggu - they know the waves like the back of their hand. Prior to all sessions, we decide on the best spot and time, taking into consideration the tide, swell, your skills and ability. Beginner or advanced, you will catch the waves of your life!
Personal surf lessons
Each morning, our Balinese surf teachers take you to the brilliant beaches of Bali (based on where the waves are best) where they teach surf lessons that are designed especially for you! At our Surf School, we have a maximum capacity of 2 persons per surf teacher - it's like having a private instructor personally looking after you! Surf lessons at all levels are given from Monday to Friday and extra surf lessons are done on the weekends.
A surf lesson with Pelan Pelan Surf School is inclusive of:
- A surf lesson takes around 3-5 hours - from which 2 hours in the water
- A surfboard based on your level
- Transport from Pelan Pelan Retreat to the beach
- One or two introductory lessons to start off – if you’re not confident to commit to surfing yet
- 5 lessons to start off – if you want to learn surfing correctly
Things to note:
- 10 surf lessons in Bali can improve your skills tremendously!
- The best surfer is the one having the most fun
- A surfer regards the environment and does not litter the ocean or beaches
- A surfer respects the power of nature and always takes care of safety first
- Go explore the fun of surfing with our experienced teachers
Advanced surf around Bali
Guided surf sessions are for those wanting to be taken to the best waves in Bali. Our knowledgeable staff are here to ensure you will be at the right spot at the right time. You are not required to provide your own surfboard (although you may), as ours are available for your use.
Our prices and advice is as follows:
- A guided surf session takes around 4-6 hours - from which 2 hours in the water (always early in the morning)
- Transport from Pelan Pelan Retreat to the beach is included
- Waves are chosen based on your experience and ability
- In your Surf or Get it All package, 5 surf sessions are included, however, you may book extra sessions for the weekend
- Ideal if you just want to surf a lot of brilliant waves!
Free surf around Bali
Bali is blessed with brilliant waves all year round - a good surf spot can be found every day! If you would like to surf on your own on the weekend or after your surf lessons in the morning, you could rent a scooter. Almost every surf spot in Bali is accessible within 2 hours. We also provide extra Surfguiding in the afternoon if you prefer to have some local expert with you and more fun in the water
- Motorbike rental available
- A scooter costs around €10,- per day extra
- You can find scooters with a board rack to carry your surf board
CATCH YOUR FIRST WAVE
SURF LESSONS AT CANGGU BEACH
FUN IN THE WAVES
SURF PHOTO ANALYSIS
JUNIOR SURF COACHING